October is Car Safety Month and it’s the perfect time to fall into a vehicle maintenance program to help extend the life of your vehicle and avoid costly repairs down the road. A thorough inspection of your car this month will help ensure safety and reliability as the weather starts to cool down.
The Car Care Council recommends the following 10 basic maintenance procedures to keep your car running its best:
- Check hoses & belts
- Check the brake system
- Check all the fluids, including engine oil, brake, transmission, power steering, windshield washer and antifreeze/coolant
- Check the battery
- Check the heating, ventilating and air conditioning system (HVAC)
- Inspect the steering and suspension system
- Check the tires
- Check the wipers and lights
- Inspect the exhaust system
- Schedule a tune-up.
Stop by any First Tire & Automotive location and one of the friendly service advisors and highly qualified technicians will make sure your car is in tip-top shape!