National Car Care Month
October is National Fall Car Care Month. Summer and winter months are the hardest on your car which makes Fall the perfect time to make sure your car has recovered from Houston’s heat and prepare for winter. Here’s a list of parts you might want to check.
- Make sure the following fluids are at the proper levels. (If you don’t know what the suggested levels are or how to check your fluids, your vehicle’s owner’s manual will be able to help.)
- Engine oil
- Power steering
- Brake fluid
- Transmissions fluid
- Windshield washer solvent
- Antifreeze or coolant
- Look at the belts to make sure none of them are cracked or frayed.
- Make sure the connections on the battery are clean, tight, and corrosion-free.
- Look over the brakes, steering and suspension systems.
- Check the pressure and tread of all four tires as well as the spare tire.
- Examine the wipers, headlights and tail lights to ensure you would be able to see and be seen in a storm.
- Check your heating and ventilation (HVAC) system to make sure it is in working order.
If you find that your schedule is too busy to check the items on this list, stop by First Tire & Automotive for a FREE Multi-Point Inspection that is included with every service, including oil changes. We are always here for you, putting our employees and customers !